Saturday, February 19, 2011

And so it begins...

As so kindly suggested by guns, perhaps it'd be an excellent way to keep everyone back in sunny SG updated with all the nonsense i'm up to here in kangaroo land!

Well..., here goes.

Today is kind of my first OFFICIAL day independent in Aussie. And its really a huge mix of emotions and events all mashed together. Sorting out my hall room, getting to meet fellow first-years, taking part in hall activities, and basically listening in on the banter that goes around, it all feels pretty surreal. Well, uni up till now is just how I expected it to be. Booze, booze and more booze. Exactly like the movies. American pop culture to the max!

But well, beyond all that, its the same as everywhere actually. Its just a bunch of youngsters, brought out of our comfort zones, coming together as a melting-pot of backgrounds, personalities and cultures, and trying oh-so-very-hard to find our place in the world that is university halls. Everyone has their own way of coping with that stress, and well I've somehow forgotten how tiring and sometimes disappointing it is to be placed in a completely new environment, and compelled to make new friends. Hehehe I hate to admit it but I've forgotten how lucky I was back in SG, and even luckier to be here.

These are but early days, and things can only get better. Hope all you guys back in SG are having a blast, and please do talk to me anytime you're free! Its always great to hear from home.

1 comment: